"The duty of a good Cuisinier is to transmit to the next generation everything he has learned and experienced."~Fernand Point

"A cookbook must have recipes, but it shouldn't be a blueprint. It should be more inspirational; it should be a guide." ~Thomas Keller

Friday, April 10, 2009

Enjoy Playing Host

My daughter and her fiance came to visit me today. I regarded this as a rare visit as they decided to stay for a little simple dinner.

I served them:

a bowl of green salad (lettuce and cucumber)

a plate of olives marinated in brine that I sprinkled with olive oil

a plate of slices of roast turkey from the deli shop

a plate of slices of smoked salmon

a plate of Matzos (Unleavened Bread)

a plate of slices of cheese and

a nice cup of hot strong brewed coffee.

I love playing host now and then. It gives me a pleasure to serve something to my visitors and it's nice to exchange pleasant conversation in between the bites.

That made my day!

No comments: