"The duty of a good Cuisinier is to transmit to the next generation everything he has learned and experienced."~Fernand Point

"A cookbook must have recipes, but it shouldn't be a blueprint. It should be more inspirational; it should be a guide." ~Thomas Keller

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baked Fish



Tonight for my dinner, I cooked Baked Bonito.

One whole fish, about 10 inches long, cleaned, gutted, gills and fins trimmed out.

I slit each side three times, 1 inch distance from each slit; rubbed bit of salt inside the open gut and filled it with sliced ripe tomato and thinly sliced onion, lengthwise. Placed in an oven tray and baked for 40 minutes or until cooked.

Halfway through cooking, I basted it with margarine and continued with the baking.

I served it with boiled rice and a side salad made of cucumber and avocado and chopped fresh coriander leaves. My dressing? Just a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and half a teaspoon olive oil and mixed.

Have it with wine, if you would. I have no wine, so lemon lime was fine by me.

It's simple and nutritious.

Note: You may use any fish you like and improvise the technique as well. It's all about creativity.

Pity my little digicam is not in working condition, so readers may just have to use their imagination.

Bon appetit!

No comments: