2 cups ordinary rice
1 & 1/2 cups water
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar (white, refined)
Banana leaves (optional)
1. Soak rice in water overnight.
2. Grind it to form a thick galapong batter. (You can grind rice using a blender)
3. Mix-in sifted baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Add the coconut milk. Mix very well until the batter is smooth.
(If you will be using banana leaves, heat it first to wilt it and place in the molder.)
5. Pour in the batter to almost 3/4 full of the mold.
6 Steam for 30 minutes or until cooked. Insert a toothpick at the center, if it comes out clean, the puto is ready.
Source: Iloilo Food Trip Blog, FB
Food Reference - Everything about Food from Articles and Trivia to Festivals and Recipes : FoodReference.com