Food Reference - Everything about Food from Articles and Trivia to Festivals and Recipes : FoodReference.com
Monday, April 18, 2011
Perfect Roast Potatoes
* 2kg medium desiree potatoes
* 1 / 3 cup vegetable oil
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* Sour cream, to serve
1. Peel and cut in half desiree potatoes. Place in a large saucepan of cold water. Bring to boil. Boil until almost tender. Drain. Return potatoes to hot saucepan. Shake pan, over low heat, to give potatoes a rough surface. Add oil. Shake well to coat.
2. Transfer potatoes to a large, preheated baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until potatoes are golden and crisp.
4. Serve potatoes with sour cream.
Posted by Inday at 1:18 PM