"The duty of a good Cuisinier is to transmit to the next generation everything he has learned and experienced."~Fernand Point

"A cookbook must have recipes, but it shouldn't be a blueprint. It should be more inspirational; it should be a guide." ~Thomas Keller

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Diced Steak Stew

It's Wintertime again, time for those hot stuff on the table...

Ingredients:

500 g diced (beef)steak
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced potato
Onion, finely chopped
1 small green capsicum, diced
1 small red capsicum, diced
3 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons gravy
salt to taste
olive oil or rice bran oil

Method:

Rub diced meat with olive oil to seal its flavour. In a hot deep pan, saute garlic and onion and add meat, stir, cover to bring out its natural juice for 3 minutes and reduce the heat. Add 1 and 1/2 cup of beef stock or water and simmer till the meat is tender. Add carrots and potato. Moisten gravy with the meat juice and stir into the stew then add capsicums altogether. Cover with lid and take out of the stove.

Season salt to taste as required.

Serve with boiled rice or toast bread.

Note: I am not much of a salty person. My salt intake is under control, ditto with sugar intake.

4 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I've enjoyed looking at some of your blogs. I shall be back to enjoy more later. Great recipes on here.

Inday said...

Surprise from Denise!!! Thanks Madam!

Shaune McNamara said...

Hi Bonnie,

How are you. Thanks for visiting my site the other day. Nice to see you are a foodie to. Your site is in my favs and I like your recipe for the diced steak stew. I am going to have to try that.
Shaune

Inday said...

Wow! an expert chef visiting my amateur cooking blog! Welcome Shaune! Thanks for popping in.